The cross-reference feature is available in UpSlide starting with version6.4.
A cross-reference is an hyperlink where the label is automatically generated. It's great if you want to include the title of the slide you're referring to and keep it up to date.
To open the cross-reference pane, click the reference button.
The pane has 3 parts:
- The list of all slides where you can choose the one you want to refer to.
- The display options, to select how the reference will be displayed.
- The preview part, to check how it will look like on your slide before inserting it.
Inserting a reference:
- On your slide, place the cursor where you want the reference to be inserted.
- Open the Cross-reference pane.
- Select the slide in the list that you want to reference.
- Select the display option
- Check the preview
- Insert the reference
Updating a reference:
Let's say you have inserted a reference to a slide named "Results Q1 2018", on your presentation it would look like this:
If you rename this slide and want the reference to be updated with the new name, you just need to click the "Refresh" button. This will refresh every dynamic content created in the presentation.
Hiding all references
You can hide/break all references created using the Finalize feature.
The reference won't appear as an hyperlink, it will be plain text and won't be updated anymore if you change the name of the referenced item.