- Slide check: new check to detect highlighted text
- Stacked waterfall had some rounding issue
- Autoupdate feature compatible with the latest version of Office 2016
- Quotes are accepted in email adresses
- 14 days grace period automatically granted when the licence ends
- Tombstone module: new deals can now be added using a PowerPoint file
- UpSlide is now compatible to a single user install on a windows server
- Waterfall: it is now possible to change source
- Excel to PowerPoint/Word link: when files are stored in IManage, UpSlide displays the document name version and ID
- Deployment: the local content (tombstone database and local cache for the libraries), stored by default in the user profile can now be redirected using the applicationsettings.xml file
- PowerPoint : new template button failed to activate the backstage view on certain configurations
- Excel, PowerPoint/Word link: when the scaling of the primary monitor changes (in windows 8 and windows 10), the enhanced metafile format is no longer usable. This behavior can be bypassed in certain particular configurations (ex: office 2016 on windows 10) but for others, UpSlide falls back to bmp format until the next restart
- Excel, PowerPoint link: increased performance when exporting into native PowerPoint tables
- PowerPoint: when refreshing table of content, the content inserted in the footers is trimmed to avoid new lines and spaces
- All applications: shortcuts are now active right after activation
- Automatically try to retrieve the "Active Directory" Windows user mail and use it to activate UpSlide at first launch
- Support.exe "v1": This small support tool can detect and fix various technical issues impacting your system and UpSlide install
- PowerPoint : When no upslide template is set as default, the New Presentation shortcut will chose the first template in the list instead of opening a blank presentation
- PowerPoint: Template list is now directly available from the file/new button
- PowerPoint: the default UpSlide template is now used as default PowerPoint document
- Modeling module: new feature to insert a table of content listing all visible worksheets and providing an hyperlink to each
- Performance optimization for large tombstone database
- Fixed and improved Smart track keyboard navigation
- Customizations can now be exchanged via a SharePoint site
- UpSlide can now update automatically from a network folder or a web API
- Slide check: largely reduced the number of false positives in shape aligment warnings
- Word library: compatibility with protected documents
- Tombstones: less click needed to arrange shapes in defaut use case
- Multiple bug fixes/optimizations of the UpSlide link system
- Slide check: sort warnings by type
- Slide check: new user interface
- PowerPoint shape style: new deletion window with additional features
- Improved previews in the Word library for inline shapes
- Large improvement of table of content refresh speed
- Notifications when a new UpSlide customization is ready to be installed
- Improved slide conversion results when slide size changes
- Slide conversion now impacts shape fonts
- Slide conversion now compatible with the latest PowerPoint 2016 version
- Brand new user interface for the slide converter. This feature is now accessible to all users.
- Publish, Facing pages and Find the source features are now compatible with files saved on SharePoint.
- Alignment issues were fixed in the Insert/Edit window from the Tombstone module.
- Fix text export in PowerPoint tables (2010 and 2013).
- Fix crash issues in PowerPoint 2010.
- UpSlide installer can also deploy a Windows Service that can prevent UpSlide from being deactivated. To deploy it, simply add "DeployReactivationService=1" to the command line.
- UpSlide language can now be changed directly through the Settings menu.
- Export options can now be changed directly through the Settings menu.
- New option for UpSlide link: you can now force a specific formatting for the exported images. For example, you can force all fonts in grey in PowerPoint/Word while retaining a custom formatting in Excel.
- Tombstone module: database can now be imported/Exported from/to an Excel file.
- Slide check: review your presentation to ensure compliance of your content and quality of your design. First checks included: double spaces, misaligned shapes, empty placeholders (ex: XXXX), punctuation spacings (ex: a space before : in english) and compliance check for library content (warns you for every item inserted from the library that has since been updated).
- Outdated items pop-up: when you open a presentation that contains outdated library elements, you receive a message urging you to run the slide check.
- Major improvements to slide converter in the presence of old presentations created with Office 2003.
- Slide lib can now be accessed from any presentation.
- Default shortcuts can now be deployed along with UpSlide.
- Arrange pane: new design, new options for margins and the possibility to split your shapes on several slides!
- Tombstone: many small improvements and a new design.
- Shape library: you can now insert shapes in several slides in a single click.
New admin features:
- New Template file to customize Excel styles.
- Introduction of the “Shape Styles” feature in PowerPoint, to store, manage and apply your appearance preferences to any shape.
- The "Number to Words" feature in Word lets you select the desired language and currency in which your numbers are expressed.
- The "Tombstones" feature now keeps track of creation and modification dates of every Tombstone in the database.
- Small UI adjustments have been made to the "Tombstones" feature as well.
- The customization shared folder path supports windows environment variables such as %userprofile%.
New admin features:
- Introduction of the “Slide Converter” in PowerPoint. This feature allows administrators to convert slides from one slide master to another while automatically adapting its layout to the destination presentation.
- Introduction of the “Shape Styles” feature in PowerPoint, as an administrator, you will manage the Team Styles which you will be able to share with your work group.
- Fix: Multiple issues with libraries and task panes.
- Fix: "Undo" issue in Excel.
- Fix: Thumbnail generation has been improved.
- Introduction of the “Tombstones” feature in PowerPoint, to manage your tombstone database, with facilitated search and filtering options, and insertion in presentations.
- The “Go To Source” feature now directly focuses the source.
- The “Go To Source” feature now handles conflicts and hidden sheet.
- The titles of Waterfall and Marimekko charts are now linked to the title cell.
- The “Number to Words” feature now allows you to choose the currency.
New admin features:
- Some Upslide features can be called directly from vba macros.
- Fix: multiple issues with libraries and task panes.
- Fix: some issues that occurred when the Windows file exporer preview pane is on.
- Fix: in PowerPoint, some links were not properly restored after disabling “hide text exports”.
- Fix: in Excel, you can export text to a table cell in Word.
- Fix: solved conflicts in the “Update All” window are now properly displayed as such.
- A new "Display Source" button for faster access to the available data sources.
- Major upgrade of UpSlide link system to avoid creating conflicts when duplicating charts or worksheets.
- Introduction of the compliance check feature in PowerPoint.
- Additional command line option for UpSlide setup: KeepExistingConfig (to allow an update of UpSlide without modifying an already installed customization).
- First version of our Magic master converter button.
- Smart track can now be un-docked to preserve screen real estate.
- The "Update All" feature can now update several presentations simultaneously.
- UpSlide link now works on shared workbooks.
- Publish and mail features now preserve default signature in Outlook.
- Multiple fixes in the publish feature (default location was not always stored properly, attachment could not be saved using the presentation name...).
- New version of the customization exchange system (download in the background using BITS).
- As an administrator, when exporting, UpSlide can detect changes inside each of the libraries.
- Every missing customization are now installed simultaneously (while only the most recent was installed in the past).
- Insert section though the Outline pane also updates the table of content.
- Fix: Marimekkos now support columns smaller than 1% of the total width.
- Fix: UpSlide undo could cause file size to grow.
- Fix: conflict with DropBox caused Table of Content to crash.
- Fix: Waterfall could fail to detect position of intermediary results when too many effects were null.
- Fix: UpSlide could crash PowerPoint or Word when editing embedded workbooks.
- Fix: Publish feature in PowerPoint could fail if "remove duplicate dividers was checked".
- Publish feature in PowerPoint: selected slides can now be send or saved in one clic and undergo a series of operations necessary before publishing: remove duplicate dividers, hide text exports or mark presentation as final.
- In PowerPoint, you can now have items at the root level of your Slide Library (if your customization allows it)
- Basic support of 3D references in SmartTrack Precedents (Excel)
- Fix: in PowerPoint, when creating a new presentation from a template, the Home pane is now activated.
- Fix: in the Outline Pane in PowerPoint, renaming now preselects the whole text, and the shortcut (F2) is disabled on the presentation and title slides.
- Fix: various small bugs of the PowerPoint Slide Library (some issues with drag & drop, context menus, regeneration of the library when corrupted).
- Fix: proper error message when trying to export/update an Excel chart if that chart is a member of a grouped shape.
We are officially releasing UpSlide One, a version designed for individuals and very small teams, along with a new logo.
- UpSlide now supports Windows 10.
- The Arrange Form has been replaced by the more user-friendly Arrange Pane.
- Lock Aspect Ratio option for the Smart Painter in PowerPoint.
- Removed the useless first level folder of the Slide Library for some users.
New features for modeling module:
- New button to calculate and insert the CAGR of a range of cells.
New admin features:
- Recursively insert all the slides in a Slide Library folder.
New deployment features:
- Option to disable pop-ups signaling a new customization.
- Option to force the use of a specific mail client.
- Fix: refreshing the TOC or adding a new section doesn't require to restart PowerPoint to be able to click the hyperlinks in Slide Show mode.
- Fix: forms always open in the current display if your are using more than one.
- Fix: selecting part of the name of an item you are renaming in the outline pane doesn't crash.
UpSlide no longer support Microsoft XP.
The necessary version of the .NET framework is now 4.5 Full.
- UpSlide is now signed with an SHA256 certificate deployed alongside the software.
- Delete all UpSlide link: new feature to prevent any update for data imported from Excel.
- Shortcuts can now be deactivated instead of simply unassigned.
- Navigation pane opens automatically when inserting sub sections.
- Find the source form now closes automatically after Update.
New features for modeling module:
- Fine tuning of the Smart track feature: handling of dynamic names and merge cells, F5 to refresh after cell edition, performance optimization...
- Fix: find the source could fail to display potential sources if some of the Excel windows were minimized.
- Fix: drag and drop in libraries could be troublesome to initiate.
- Fix: export in Word as text now preserves new lines and bullet points.
- Fix: support for Office 2016 shared mode during export and update.
- Fix: facing page module could fail if the source presentation was saved on a network drive.
- Fix: thumbnail size in the libraries was dependent upon resolution and Windows zoom level.
- CAGR: compound annual growth rate can be directly inserted in Excel charts!
- UpSlide is now compatible with Office 2016
- Office chart templates can be deployed along with UpSlide
- Simplified support with a log window directly accessible from UpSlide
- Word buttons are organized more efficiently
New features for modeling module:
- IfError: to wrap all the selected formulas in an iferror function
- Autocolor can now detect direct plugs in formulas (ex: "=A1*A2+3" is detected as a plug)
- Simplified support with a log window directly accessible
- A entirely new take on our Smart Track feature: new interface, new inner workings and vastly improved scope and performances.
- Removed UpSlide charts sensitivity to Excel default template
- Mail features: date in the attachment name is now formatted using the system default format
- Clean feature now supports files stored on SharePoint
- Simplified UpSlide activation procedure.
- Improved Keyboard navigation for UpSlide Smart Track feature.
- Task panes in Ppt: libraries and outline panes are now totally immune to multi window cancel close in PowerPoint 2010 and 2013.
- Many UI fixes when using UpSlide on a Microsoft Surface Pro.
- Suppressed screen flickering associated with the previews in the library.
- Customization exchange system is now more robust to read/write access issues.
- Increase speed for the Smart Check (a few minutes for 300 pages long documents).
- A report of action carried out during the cleaning of a Workbook.
- Arrange: the recommended container was wrong if one of the selected shape could contain all the others.
- New diagnostic module for UpSlide: it can automatically re-activate the Add-In in case of unwanted de-activation (no need to go trough the 2 step Options\Addins\Disabled items process : https://upslide.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/201918858-UpSlide-menu-has-disappeared-how-do-I-get-it-back-).
- Word smart check: a new pane to analyze your document and list potential typos and inconsistencies.
- Waterfall and marimekkos: title can now be automatically inserted.
- New icons.
- Text Export in PowerPoint: the content of Excel cells can now be directly linked to text in PowerPoint (extends the existing export as image feature).
- Clean Excel files: removes unused cell styles, broken link, broken names and reduces the size of workbooks.
- Prepare Excel files. Apply of series of operations before sharing a workbook: select A1 cell, removes comments, optimize size, replace formulas by their value...
- Undo formatting in Excel: table formatting operations by UpSlide can now be undone though the native Excel undo mechanism (Ctrl+Z or undo button).
- Update success message can now be disabled.
- Fixed number formatting issues in Waterfall and Marimekko charts.
- Improved encryption for the communication between UpSlide server and UpSlide client.
- Prerequisites: VSTO runtime 10.0.31129 is now sufficient to install UpSlide.
- Libraries, item name can now be up to 50 characters long.
- Word: new button to convert number to words
- Word (starting in 2010): all UpSlide features compatible with Word native undo (Ctrl+Z)
- PowerPoint (starting in 2010): all UpSlide features compatible with PowerPoint native undo (Ctrl+Z)
- Word: the content of Excel cells can now be directly linked to text in Word (extends the existing export as image feature)
- Keyboard navigation optimized in panes and dialog boxes (part 1).
- Shortcut to rename items in libraries (F2 to start, enter to validate, Esc to cancel).
- Tooltips in UpSlide ribbon display current shortcut keys and not default ones.
- More flexibility to customize horizontal and vertical spacing on the table of contents.
- Possibility to open all Excel source files when doing an update all in PowerPoint or Word.
- Improved navigation between potential Excel sources using the find the source form in PowerPoint and Word.
- Two new design features in PowerPoint spread height and spread width, to copy the dimensions of a shape.
- Word library can now contain entire document templates.
- Insertion of non inline shapes from the library in Word 2010.
- Unnumbered sections in PowerPoint table of content
- Specific numbering for Appendix in PowerPoint table of content
- Automatic yearly license renewal.
- Simplified process to activate UpSlide.
- Administrators can deactivate UpSlide for users leaving their team.
- New button to update the axis scale of all the Waterfall charts.
- Merging module for UpSlide customization. Admin can now export only a part of each library. Greatly simplifies collaboration between administrators.
- Installer now supports click to run installations of Office 2013.
- Additional option for the Table of Content: do not display slides with no title.
- Unique setup file to handle all user and single user install.
- New custom UpSlide chart : stacked waterfall.
- New feature for the update all form: possibility to pre-load the sources without actually updating.
- Compatibility with Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop (V >= 6).
- Fix of clipboard issues responsible for random bugs when using export, libraries or table of content.
- Faster smart track and auto color.
- Shape and slide library can no longer be displayed at the same time to limit memory usage.
- Licenses are no longer bound to a single machine but to the OS user. A single Licence code is now valid for all computers as long as user and domain are the same.
- UpSlide usage statistics can now be send every week to our central server. You can get information about who is using UpSlide and which feature are mostly used. The communication with our server is optional and can easily be turned down.
- Smart Track pane to navigate very easily between the precedent and dependents of a formula (all can be done with keyboard only)
- Autocolor: UpSlide can automatically color cells depending on their content (constant, formula, link...).
- Report Generator now allows to retrieve data from PowerPoint to update the source Excel file
- Facing pages module to print part of a presentation in two-sided mode. In edition mode, user can mark slide as facing pages. He can then generate a print version of his presentation where blank pages will be inserted in the right places to allow two-side printing (useful to display charts or table to complement information found on the page facing it when printed).
- Delete duplicate reminder option. If subsections have dividers, when the print version is generated, the section dividers immediately followed by a subsection divider are deleted
- New looks for the libraries
- Find the source now accessible through right click (Office 2010 or greater needed)
- Mail sheets now accessible though right click (Office 2010 or greater needed)
- Libraries can now be used entirely with keyboard shortcuts (arrows, Tab, Enter, Ctrl + F....)
- New TOC option: inserting text before section numbers in dividers (ex: sec 1.)
- Table sorter in PowerPoint (sorts alphabetically the contents of a table in PowerPoint)
- Server licenses can now be purchased to activate UpSlide for all the users of a computer
- Search field in Word, Excel and PowerPoint libraries
- Detail view for each element of the libraries (to detail contents, date of last update, description...)
- Possibility to add tags to library items. Very useful to speed and leverage the search feature
- Smart Painter now also copies adjustments (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/ff744037(v=office.15).aspx)
- Partial Export/Import of customizations. Allows to :
- Diminish the size of customization files
- Several administrators can work simultaneously on various part of the customization
- Possibility to back up and restore only a part of the customization
- Automatic Update of the table of content options for existing presentation when the administrator releases a new customization
- Compatibility with the track changes mode in PowerPoint
- Compatibility with the final mode of PowerPoint
- Paths of more than 218 characters in Excel library are now supported