Data can be exported to PowerPoint in two forms: as text or image.
- If a single cell is selected in Excel and a text range is selected in PowerPoint, the user can choose between exporting it's content as text or image.
- In the case of text, data is exported at the selected location as a PowerPoint hyperlink (similar to what is generally used for cross references) linked to the source Excel cell (see picture below).
- In the case of image, data is exported at the selected location as an image.
- If a chart or range of cells is selected in Excel an image will be exported to PowerPoint.
Exporting as a picture provides large savings in file size, and the resulting shape can latter be updated directly from PowerPoint through the Update button.
- If a shape is selected in the active PowerPoint presentation, the exported picture will be placed in the upper left corner of this shape.
- If a single cell is selected in Excel and a shape with a text box is selected in PowerPoint, UpSlide can export the content of the cell either as text or image to PowerPoint.
- Re-size and Export: If this button is pressed, the chart/table is re-sized before it's exported.
- Re-size and Export: If a table is selected, the first column width is modified so that after the export the entire width of the table matches the width of the shape currently selected in the active PowerPoint presentation.
- Re-size and Export: If a chart is selected, the width of the chart is modified to match the width of the shape currently selected in the active PowerPoint presentation.
The table/chart is pasted as enhanced Metafile, with a fixed re-size ratio (to maintain a fixed font size across exported tables).